Friday 17 April 2015

Student Blogging Challenge


Favourites

This week was about favourites so I decided to do it on one of my favourite musicians, Bob Dylan. I like his music because it actually tells a story, and leaves you thinking after the song.
This photo is linked to a You Tube clip of one of my favourite songs.




Image result for bob dylan

                                                                      en.wikipedia.org





This song is one of my favourites because I think it means that we need chances to be able to properly understand or acknowledge something, but sometimes it is to late to save it. Also, how he says
" How many seas must a white dove sail, Before she sleeps in the sand?"
I think has multiple meanings. White dove as in peace, so as in how many times do we have to try to make peace, before it stays that way. I also think it means, you have to see tasks throughout to the end, not give up in he middle, before you can have a break, both literally and metaphorically.
Another way of looking at is, as he says "must sail" I think he means we must have peace, or our world will collapse around us. War will break out, warring nations will run out of resources they get from each other, battles will block ways of trading, and we will most likely be using nuclear bombs, which will destroy the earth. 





One of my favourite quotes by Bob Dylan is,

" Everything passes, everything changes, just do what you think you should do."
 It means to me that you can't stop the world going round, evolution, or times changing, all you can do is adapt and do the best you can do under the circumstances. What do you think? Please comment below.

Here are some links to information about Bob Dylan:



The Official Site


A Biography



Lyrics

No comments:

Post a Comment